The features of the workshop card are:
- Essential for installing, activating, checking, repairing and calibrating tachographs
- PIN code has to be entered before it can be used
- Able to contain 230 recordings relating to control or downloading activities
- Issued by the member State where the workshop has its registered office
- Mainly red in colour
- A workshop may hold a number of personalised workshop cards
- Each in the name of one technician; the card includes the person's photo, surname(s) and first name(s).
- Cost of the card: 74 euros
- Valid for 1 year.
The application for a workshop card (initial application or renewal) must be accompanied by:
- A duly completed and signed workshop card application form (Demande en obtention d'une carte d'atelier);
- A copy of a valid ID document for the applicant;
- A document attesting the professional relationship between the workshop and the prospective card holder;
- A recent photograph on flexible paper, 35 mm wide and 45 mm high, of the proposed card holder's head - taken front-on against a light-coloured background - with a minimum height of 20 mm;
- A certificate, less than 24 months old, on the successful participation of the candidate/holder in a technical training course of at least five days at a tachograph manufacturer.