Moving abroad - Administrative formalities to be carried out

When the owner of a vehicle registered in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg moves to another EU member State and wishes to register the vehicle in his/her new country of residence, the vehicle's registration certificate, drawn up in the Grand Duchy, can be used to re-register the vehicle in another EU member State in accordance with the provisions of Council Directive 1999/37/EC of 29 April 1999 on the registration documents for vehicles.

The owner or holder of a vehicle is liable to remove the Luxembourg registration plates from that vehicle and to have them destroyed when the vehicle is registered under another number.

Last update