If all or part of a registration certificate has been stolen, lost, destroyed or damaged, a duplicate can be requested from the SNCA.
Who does this apply to?
- Anyone living in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg who owns or holds a vehicle.
- The owner may give the holder of the vehicle or a third party written instructions to carry out the procedure.
In the case of theft, the theft must be declared immediately to the police of the place where the theft is thought to have taken place.
A duplicate registration certificate of a vehicle can be issued on production of the following documents:
- the completed and signed application form for obtaining a duplicate (Demande en obtention d'un duplicata);
- the required 'Droit de Chancellerie' tax stamp; In the case of theft, the stamp is not required, but the declaration of theft must be attached to the application;
- the passport or ID card of the owner and/or holder of the vehicle;
The original of each document must be produced.
For any other documents that may be required, please consult the FAQ section.
The procedure to request a duplicate of a registration certificate can be done:
- by making the online procdure at Myguichet.lu (private individuals only).
- by attending one of the SNCA's reception together with the supporting documents.
- by sending an application together with the supporting documents by post.